Google Alerts is primarily used for receiving email notifications when Google finds new results on a specific topic of interest. But you can turn it into a very important SEO Tool! Use it for Content Marketing & SEO Strategies to quickly see what is or isn’t working for your online presence.
Google Alerts & SEO
You can setup Google Alerts for your website, company name, your industry, products, certain keywords and so much more.
A FREE trick to using Google Alerts for SEO is by setting up alerts for:
- Newly created websites/pages/posts- the alert will tell you in real-time when your site/page/post is now within Google’s Search Engine
- Keywords – knowing which of your focus keywords are being used by competitors (Click Here to learn more about focus keywords)
- Competitors – stay up-to-date on your competitors Internet presence
- Backlinking – keep informed on which websites are using one or more of your focus keywords, you can check their page ranking and setup a backlink (Click Here to learn more about backlinking)
- Generate Ideas – by seeing how others are using one or more of your focus keywords, it can help generate ideas on how to strengthen them on your website/blog/page/post
Available Control Settings:
- How Often – as it happens or once a day
- Sources – Web, News, Blog, etc.
- Language – only one language can be selected
- Region – any region can be selected
- How Many – only the best results or all results
- Deliver to – email address input
Once you setup your FREE Google Alerts account, you can begin receiving notifications immediately!